Friday November 29, 2013
December is a month filled to the gills with events, both holiday and otherwise. The first week of this busy month starts things off with a bang!
For full event details, see the Seattle and Tacoma events calendars! Or if you want to stick to strictly holiday events, check out the holiday events listing.
- A Christmas Carol at ACT Theatre
- Oliver at 5th Avenue Theatre
- Stowell and Sendak Nutcracker at McCaw Hall
- Ice skating rinks
- The Nutcracker at the Pantages Theatre
- Seahawks vs. Saints at CenturyLink Field at 5:40 p.m.
- Celtic Thunder at 7:30 p.m. at McCaw Hall
- The Sacred Sounds of Christmas at 7:30 p.m. at McCaw Hall
- Rob Delaney at 8 p.m. at Neptune Theatre
- Tacoma Free for All: Think and Drink at 7:30 p.m. at Studio III at Broadway Center, Tacoma
- A John Waters Christmas at 8 p.m. at Neptune Theatre
- Seattle Symphony: Home for the Holidays at Benaroya Hall
- Pearl Jam at 8 p.m. at KeyArena
- Tiny Tots: Holiday Hooray at Benaroya Hall
- Black Crowes at 8 p.m. at Paramount Theatre
- The Dismemberment Plan at 9 p.m. at Neptune Theatre
- Let It Snow Free Community Festival from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Tacoma Art Museum
Friday November 29, 2013
Christmas and the holiday season is upon us! While this time of year can be cold and blustery, don't let that stop you from going out and enjoying the many, many holiday events in the Seattle-Tacoma area. What's going on in December, you ask? Oh, so many things! Here is but a sampling!
First and foremost, check out the list of events in Seattle and Tacoma this month. But if you're looking for strictly holiday events, then make sure to see the listing of holiday happenings.
Need some more? Don't miss catching at least one of the area's best Christmas light displays, from Woodland Park Zoo's WildLights to Zoolights in Tacoma. Or go ice skating at one of Seattle, Tacoma or Bellevue's seasonal ice skating rinks.
Whatever you do, have a little fun and enjoy the season!
Photo credit: brockvicky
Sunday November 17, 2013
This week has some fun shows going on! Jump into the holiday season with Mannheim Steamroller at the Paramount. Check out Nine Inch Nails at KeyArena or Green Day's American Idiot at the Pantages in Tacoma. Or enjoy a bit of a throwback--M.C. Hammer will be shimmying across stage at the Emerald Queen Casino this week too...if he still does the Hammer dance in his 50s, that is.
Click for the full Seattle and Tacoma events calendars.
- Vienna Teng at 8 p.m. at Neptune Theatre
- James Blake at 8 p.m. at Showbox SoDo
- Green Day's American Idiot at 7:30 p.m. at Pantages Theatre
- Radiolab Live: Apocalyptical at the Paramount Theatre
- Dir En Grey at 8 p.m. at Showbox at the Market
- Adam Ray at Tacoma Comedy Club
- Nine Inch Nails at 8 p.m. at KeyArena
- Polica at 9 p.m. at Showbox at the Market
- M.C. Hammer at 7 p.m. at Emerald Queen Casino
- Mannheim Steamroller at 7:30 p.m. at Paramount Theatre
Saturday November 16, 2013
Theo Chocolate is a chocolatier based in Seattle at 3400 Phinney Avenue N. Its chocolates are Fair Trade, organic and absolutely delicious--pure dark or milk chocolate, or any number of amazing flavors from almond to orange to coconut curry. Alongside a range of tasty chocolate bars, the company also creates caramels, confections and specialty items like chocolate-wine pairing kits and drinking chocolate.
In short, if you know someone who loves chocolate (and don't we all), Theo is a gift destination.
The main location and factory in Fremont is handy for Seattle residents, but just for the holidays, Theo is opening a holiday pop-up on the first floor of Bellevue Square! The Bellevue shop opened on November 15 and will remain open until December 24, ensuring chocolate gifts for all!
If you buy more than $50 worth of chocolately goodness, you'll get two free Theo factory tour passes, too.
Best of all--the shop will also have the chocolate samples that are the boon of visiting the Fremont location! How can you go wrong? You can't!