Hold on to your hats! There's a lot going on this week as the holiday season officially kicks off. After Thanksgiving on Thursday, get ready for a whole lot of holiday activities. If you're not sure what to do for Thanksgiving, there are plenty of restaurants that host Thanksgiving feasts.
The day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday, an event in its own right.
Also the day after Thanksgiving, many holiday festivities kick off. These include the Winterfest at Seattle Center, Tacoma's Polar Plaza and more. If you don't have any holiday cheer yet, just you wait. For the full holiday listings and details, click here, or check out the November 2012 events calendar.
- Winterfest at Seattle Center's Center House opens.
- EtsyRain Handmade Holiday Show at McCaw Hall on November 23-24.
- Walk the Moon at 8 p.m. at Showbox at the Market
- Brandi Carlile with Seattle Symphony from November 23-25, 8 p.m., at Benaroya Hall
- Wildlights at Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle opens
- A Christmas Carol at ACT Theatre opens
- Polar Plaza ice skating rink in Tacoma, located across from Tacoma Art Museum, opens.
- Chaplins Bellevue Volkswagen Ice Arena near Bellevue Square opens
November 23-December 24:
- A Christmas Carol at ACT Theatre
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Lost Christmas Eve at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. at KeyArena
- Reignwolf at 9 p.m. at Neptune Theatre
- The Sound of Music Sing Along and 67th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at 9th and Broadway and the Pantages Theatre in Tacoma. Sound of Music at 2 p.m. Tree lighting at 5:30 p.m.
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet's "Nutcracker" starts November 25 and runs through December 27 at McCaw Hall
Photo copyright: Steve Cyr