If you live in the South Sound, driving up to Seattle to explore Woodland Park Zoo's WildLights or Bellevue's Garden d'Lights might be a bit of a drive. No worries. Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium is one of the best Christmas light displays around.
When is it: November 23, 2012 - January 1, 2013
Hours: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. each night
Cost: $8.50 at gate, $7.25 online and at Fred Meyer. Kids two and younger are free!
Why Zoolights is Cool:
- Hot chocolate, cider and other warm treats are available at the Plaza Café, located to the right just after you enter the zoo.
- Camel rides are available again this year.
- Zoolights has one of the most unique Santas in the Sound--some nights, Santa jumps into the shark tank and Scuba dives.
- While Fantasy Lights lets you get in out of the rain, Zoolights lets you hang out for as long as you want to. Whether you want to spend 30 minutes here or all 4 hours of the evening, you can.
- Most animals are sleeping, but sometimes you'll catch a bonus glimpse of an animal up in the night.
- Parking is free!