The Seattle Wedding Show is the place to be in January 2013, whether you’re planning a wedding, are getting married or just thinking about it, or even if you’re putting together a large-scale event. The wedding show is a fine place to peruse, but you can also design your entire wedding here—if you come prepared. With more than 400 vendors, the Seattle Wedding Show brings together florists and photographers, caters and event coordinators, officiants and more—all in one place.
The show’s sheer number of vendors may be quite overwhelming if you show up without doing a bit of research in advance. If you’re attending just to get an idea of what’s out there, perhaps no research is necessary. If you intend to jump into your wedding planning, it’s a good idea to check out the vendor list and floor plan before you get there. Decide which vendors you want to talk to and what you want to get out of the show. You won’t regret it.
Other Wedding Resources:
2013 Seattle Wedding Show Details
January 12: 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
January 13: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tickets cost $17 either at the event website or at the door. Kids younger than 12 are free.
Washington State Convention & Trade Center
800 Convention Place, 4th Floor
Seattle, WA 98101
Why You Should Go
- More than 400 vendors
- Four bridal boutiques will be at the show selling gowns at discounted rates.
- Fashion shows will take place throughout the two days of the event so you can check out the latest in men’s and women’s wedding style.
- You could, in theory, set up your entire wedding at this show, from buying your wedding dress to picking out wedding rings to hiring a DJ for your big day.
If you’re in the market for a dress, there will be four bridal boutiques at the Seattle Wedding Show in 2013. There will be about 1,000 dresses available from these boutiques, all sold at discounted prices. The sale will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. on Sunday.
Who will be there:
- Benita’s Bridal based in Silverdale, which carries dresses from several designers, including Casablanca Bridal and Casablanca Bridal Couture, MariLee, Alfred Angelo, Maggie Sottero, and WTOO.
- Princess Bride based in Bothell, which carries Pronovias, Blue by Enzoani, Aire Barcelona Collection, Bari Jay, Casablanca, Diamonte, Kitty Chen, La Sposa, Manual Mota, Paloma Blanca, Rosa Clara, San Patrick, Sophia Tolli, Cameron Blake, and Montage.
- Kirstie Kelly Signature Design-Costco, which is a line designed by Kirstie Kelly specifically for Costco.
- Weddings with Joy based in Olympia, which carries Alfred Angelo, Allure, Blue by Enzoani, Maggie Sottero, Watters, and Moonlight.
Vendors at the Seattle Wedding Show
Vendors from just about every branch of wedding planning possible will be at the show. Vendors include representatives from event facilities such as Chihuly’s Garden and Glass at Seattle Center to Crystal Mountain Resort. Bakeries like PinkaBella Cupcakes and Celebrity Cake Studio offer a range of cake, cupcake and other dessert options. Other vendors range from disc jockeys to florists to photographers. Whatever you need, chances are you can find it!
Events at the Seattle Wedding Show
Along with plenty of vendors to check out, the Seattle Wedding Show also seeks to provide some events to spice up the weekend. Chief among these are five fashion shows spaced out over the two days of the show. You can catch fashion shows on Saturday at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., and on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Fashion shows will feature bridal gowns, tuxedos and floral arrangements set to hit music.
You can also enter to win prizes in the Macy’s Giveaway. Tickets to the drawing are available at the show and online. Prizes in 2013 include a $1,000 Macy’s gift card, three hours of vintage British classic vehicle use from limousine company British Motor Coach, wedding photography, cupcakes, hotel stays, a multicourse Chateaubriand meal at Metropolitan Grill, and a gift certificate at The Tux Shop.
There will also be live entertainment on tap to enjoy while you’re at the show.
Directions and Parking
Parking is available at several nearby lots, including at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center parking lot, which has its entrance on 8th Avenue between Seneca and Pine. The Seattle Wedding Show also recommends visitors look to the Union Square Garage at 7th and Union; the Grand Hyatt Hotel Garage on 7th between Pike and Pine; and the freeway garage at 1300 Hubbell Place.