Many roads throughout the Seattle area will be shut down to only one or two lanes as more crews fix our roadways. This will only heighten an already nightmarish traffic problem throughout the Puget Sound. So what can you do?
First, consider the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) your friend. They provide a wealth of information on the comings and goings of road work and road closures in your area:
- Check out the WSDOT website for the most current information on road work, closures and possible commute trouble areas.
- Get traffic updates to help you plan trouble spots before you venture out for your commute each day.
- Find out more about upcoming I-5 reconstruction plans.
- Or if you are a busy on-the-go person you can follow WSDOT on Twitter and receive real time updates on your cellphone while you're out and about.
- Lastly, for those that live outside Seattle limits you can find more road closures by county to help plan your travels throughout Washington state.
Remember we are all in this together. So when your commute bottlenecks take a deep breath and know we are all affected by this. Our road crews are doing all they can to finish the work in a timely and safe matter.